Sunday, February 27, 2011

Who Are You Calling?

I had a friend in Chicago whose name was Maurice. He was a major drug dealer and a fence. For those of you who may not know what a fence is, he is a person who buys stolen property. Maurice was a high roller. He owned two nightclubs and was into some of everything on Chicago’s West Side.

In September of 1985, some detectives came to my house and took me to jail. I needed $50,000 cash to get out. The only person that I knew that had that kind of money was Maurice. I called him, but he wasn’t there. A week or so later, I called him again, but he still wasn’t there. I tried calling him again and again. But every time I called, they said he was not there. Finally, I gave up.

When I went to court, I was given 2-year sentence. When I was on my way to the bus that would take me to the penitentiary, guess who I saw? That’s right, I saw Maurice. He was getting on the same bus. I had been trying to call him because I was in trouble, but he was in more trouble than I was!

Sometimes we put our trust in the wrong people. We put our trust in our friends, our family members, our classmates or our politicians. But we should put our trust in the Lord. He is the one that we should call on in times of trouble. God loves you. No matter where you are. No matter what you have done. No matter what you have become. God loves you and you can call on Him.
Justice and Mercy had scheduled a very important meeting. Justice arrived at the appointed place exactly on time. He was dressed sharply and looking good. He didn’t have one hair out of place. His robe was so white, it seemed to glow. Even his sandals were spit shined. He paced back and forth, glancing at his hourglass, as he waited for Mercy to arrive.

When Mercy got there, he didn’t look anything like Justice. His hair was all over his head, and his robe was dirty, ragged and scorched. His sandals were run down and had holes in them. He said, “I’m sorry for being late, Brother Justice, but I have been on one assignment after another. Three young boys were in a fiery furnace, and I had to see about them. Then, there was a young man that was in a lion’s den. I had to see about him. I was on my way here when I learned that there were two men in a Phillipian jail. God was so impressed with their prayer and their praise, He sent me to see about them.

Just then, Mercy’s cell phone rang. When he finished with his conversation, he turned to Justice. He said, “I know that we have a lot to talk about, but we will have to do it at another time. Someone else is in trouble. They are saying, ‘Lord, have mercy.’ I have to go and see about them”
Are you the one that is calling on the Lord right now? Or are you calling Maurice?


"He's Only A Prayer Away: 9 Examples Of Praying Until Your Breakthrough" Book in Stores Now!!!
http://www.amazon.com/Hes-Only-Prayer-Away-Breakthrough/dp/0982033036/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1279928966&sr=1-7

No comments: