Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Bridge Builder

Two men owned farms that were across the road from each other. They had been friends and neighbors for as long as either of them could remember. One day they had a disagreement that led to a very heated argument. When it was over, they vowed to never speak to each other again.

Some time later, a stranger knocked on the door of one of the farmers. He said that he was a builder by trade and was looking for work. He asked the farmer if he needed any help around his property.

The farmer said that he had the perfect job for him. He pointed to the road that divided his property from that of his former friend. He said, “I want you to build a huge wall at the end of my land. I want the wall to be so big that that I will never have to see that man over there, or his house, or anything that belongs to him ever again.” Then he said, “I have a few errands to run. There should be enough wood in the shed for the wall. I’ll pay you when I get back.” Then he got into his truck and drove off.

When the farmer finished with his business, he headed home so he could see his new wall. But when he got there, what he saw completely blew his mind. Instead of a wall that divided the two properties, there was a bridge that connected them.

He ran to the builder as he was putting his tools away. He said, “What is this? I told you to build a wall, not a bridge.” While he was talking, he saw his neighbor running towards him, laughing and crying at the same time. His neighbor told him how sorry he was about their terrible misunderstanding. He said, “When I looked out my window and saw the bridge that you had built, it made me realize just how valuable your friendship really is, and how much I missed fellowshipping with you.” The farmer looked at his friend and realized how much he had missed their fellowship as well.

He turned to the builder and said, “Thank you for bringing two stubborn old friends together. There are a lot of things that need fixing around here. There is enough work around here to keep you busy for a long time. Please stay.”

The builder smiled and said, “I appreciate your offer, but I must be on my way. I have more bridges to build.”

God is looking for some bridge builders. Are you one?

"He's Only A Prayer Away: 9 Examples Of Praying Until Your Breakthrough" Book in Stores Now!!!
http://www.amazon.com/Hes-Only-Prayer-Away-Breakthrough/dp/0982033036/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1279928966&sr=1-7

No comments: