Sunday, February 13, 2011

Get Off Of The Bus

We just witnessed one of the coldest spells that I can remember experiencing since I moved to St. Louis. I felt like I was back in Chicago or Detroit. As I was driving down the street one day, I noticed people at various bus stops, all bundled up and shivering as they waited for the bus. It reminded me of something that happened to me on one very cold winter day in Chicago.

I had been waiting for my bus for several minutes in the freezing cold. When the bus finally arrived, I climbed aboard, paid my fair and took a seat. I was glad to be out of the bitter cold and on a nice, warm bus. I leaned back in my seat, glancing out of the window while enjoying the ride. All of a sudden, the bus made a left turn instead of going straight. When I looked around, I realized that I was on the wrong bus. The bus was headed downtown, but that is not where you want to go. I started to get off, but it was so warm, cozy and comfortable I decided to ride a little while longer. It felt so good; I think I dozed off for a while. Before I knew it, I was at the end of the line. I was in the heart of downtown because I didn’t get off of the bus when I had the chance.

A lot of men and women are riding the wrong bus. Satan is the driver, and he is taking them where they don’t want to go. He is taking some of them to the penitentiary. He is taking some of them to the cemetery. He is taking some of them to divorce courts. He is taking some of them to maternity wards or abortion clinics. He is taking some of them to the pits of hell. They know they are going the wrong way, but they are comfortable and they just want to ride a little while longer before they get off. All the while, God is saying, “Get off of the bus.”

What about you? What bus are you riding on?

"He's Only A Prayer Away: 9 Examples Of Praying Until Your Breakthrough" Book in Stores Now!!!
http://www.amazon.com/Hes-Only-Prayer-Away-Breakthrough/dp/0982033036/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1279928966&sr=1-7

No comments: