Sunday, January 30, 2011

I’ve Fallen, And I Can’t Get Up

When I was seven years old, I was playing in front of my house when a girl, riding a bicycle, ran over me and knocked me down. I kept trying to get up, but I couldn’t. I was in a lot of pain. My leg was broken in two places. But I remembered that my father was in the house, and he had the window open so he could hear me if I called him. So I started yelling, “Daddy, Daddy.” Before I knew it, my father was standing there. I said, “Daddy, I can’t get up. I can’t get up.” He had reached down and picked me up.

There are so many people who have been crippled by sin and they are lying there, trying to get up by themselves. They’ll say, “As soon as I get myself together, I’ll go to church.” Maybe somebody who is reading this blog is going through something. You know that you need the Lord, but you want to get yourself together first.

You might feel like your whole world is coming apart. There is trouble in your home, trouble at your school, trouble in your family and you just don’t know what to do. You have to remember that your Father is in the house and He has left the window opened for you. All you have to do is call Him. You can’t be too ashamed to call him. You can’t be too proud to call Him. It’s not too late. If you call Him, He will hear you. He will reach down and pick you up.

You can’t get yourself together. That’s like a sick person saying, “As soon as I get myself well, I’ll go to the hospital.” As long as you are trying to do it yourself, you will be like I was, trying to get up with a broken leg.
To fall and not cry out for help is worse than the fall itself. Maybe you are ashamed to let anyone know that you have fallen because you don’t want people to think less of you. 1st John 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

If Satan has knocked you down, just remember, your Father is in heaven. And he has the window open. He is waiting for you to call him. Just say, “Father, I’ve fallen and I can’t get up.”

"He's Only A Prayer Away: 9 Examples Of Praying Until Your Breakthrough" Book in Stores Now!!!
http://www.amazon.com/Hes-Only-Prayer-Away-Breakthrough/dp/0982033036/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1279928966&sr=1-7

No comments: