Sunday, January 16, 2011

Change The Station

When I was about eleven or twelve years old a group named, “The Coasters” recorded a song titled, “Charlie Brown.” There was a different version of the song that was going around at school. In that version, some of the words were changed and there were a lot of curse words being used.

One night when our parents weren’t home, my brother and I were singing the school version of Charlie Brown, curse words and all. We were singing so loud and having so much fun, we didn’t hear our mother when she came in. But she heard us. Before we could do anything, she was standing there with an ironing cord in her hand.

She looked at me and said, “Don’t stop now. Keep singing.” My brother and I started crying and saying we we’re sorry. But my mother said, “I don’t want to hear that. I want to hear Charlie Brown. Sing Charlie Brown.” While she was whipping us, she made us keep singing Charlie Brown.

After that night, I never wanted to hear Charlie Brown again. As a matter of fact, every time that song came on the radio I changed the station. That is what we must learn to do. Change the station. If your friends are getting you into trouble and making you sin against God, change the station. Stay away from those friends. If the places that you go cause temptation, change the station. Don’t go to those places. There might be something, or someone that you are holding onto that is causing you to stumble. You know what you’ve got to do. Change the station.

Comedian, Danny Thomas told the story about a man that went to his doctor because of a pain that he had in his shoulder. He raised his arm above his head and said, “Doc. It hurts when I do that.” The doctor looked at him and said, “Then don’t do that.”

Change the station!!!

"He's Only A Prayer Away: 9 Examples Of Praying Until Your Breakthrough" Book in Stores Now!!!
http://www.amazon.com/Hes-Only-Prayer-Away-Breakthrough/dp/0982033036/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1279928966&sr=1-7

No comments: