Sunday, January 9, 2011

It Ain't That Kind of Party

I have discovered that people who know little or nothing about the Bible also know little or nothing about heaven and hell. They have seen movies and cartoons that have been made on the subject; therefore, many of them believe that they know what lies ahead for them when there lives are over. Many of them believe that hell is going to be just one big party.

I can still remember some of the misconceptions that I once had concerning this matter when I was still living a life of sin. I had always said that I didn’t want to go to heaven when I died. I honestly thought that heaven was going to be the dullest place imaginable.

I mean, what was there to do for a player like me? There are no nightclubs up there. There are no wild parties or loose women running around. There are not even any drugs up there, so I couldn’t get high, kick back on one of the clouds and just chill out. So what was there to do besides walk around all day and sing a bunch of church songs that I didn’t even know? And besides, I figured that once the angels heard me sing, they weren’t going to let me join the choir anyway.

And why would I even want to go to heaven? I wasn’t going to know anybody there, at least not anyone that I wanted to hang out with. I figured that heaven was going to be full of squares. You know, people that had to work for a living, went to church on Sundays, and went to bed at night. You know, those kinds of people.

No, heaven was not for me. There was not going to be any partying in heaven. The real party was going to be in hell where all of my friends were going to be. I could just see it. All of us down there together: Fuzzy, Tadpole, C.J., Red and all of the other players and hustlers. We would all be there, together again, smoking the best weed, sipping on some Johnny Walker Red and partying with some of the finest women in hell. What a good time that would be. It might be a little warm and uncomfortable down there, but I’d get used to it. Besides, you should see some of the hellholes that I have been in while here on earth.

I know that some of the things that I have said might be funny or unimaginable to some of you. But that was how I really felt. You would be surprised just how many people are lost and know that they are on their way to hell, but they think that it is no big deal. It is nothing that they can’t handle.

Many of them feel that they have no choice in the matter. It is too late for them, so they may as well make the best of it. Some of them think that they might even enjoy it. It can’t be any worse than life has been for them here. But we have got to reach out to them and let them know that hell is not what they think it is. We have got to let them know that it ain’t that kind of party.

"He's Only A Prayer Away: 9 Examples Of Praying Until Your Breakthrough" Book in Stores Now!!!
http://www.amazon.com/Hes-Only-Prayer-Away-Breakthrough/dp/0982033036/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1279928966&sr=1-7

No comments: