Monday, December 13, 2010

The Christmas Story

On a very cold Christmas Eve, a man sat by his window thinking about the Christmas story. He said, “Why would an all-powerful God choose to come to earth the way the Bible says that He did? Why would He choose to be born in a stable? It makes no sense. I’m sure that if God really wanted to come down to earth, He would have chosen a more exciting way.”

Just then, he heard a strange, loud noise coming from outside. When he looked out, he saw a flock of geese frantically honking and wildly flapping their wings in the deep snow and fringed cold. They appeared to be dazed and confused. Apparently they had dropped out of a larger flock that was migrating to a warmer climate.

Moved with compassion, the man bundled up and went outside in an effort to save them. He opened his barn door and tried to coax the shivering geese inside and out of the freezing cold. But the more he tried, the more the geese panicked and ran away from him. The man became frustrated. He thought to himself, “If they only realized that I am trying to save them. How can I make them understand that I am concerned for their safety and well-being?”

Then a thought came to him. “If I was one of them, they wouldn’t be afraid of me and I could lead them to safety. I wish I could become a goose just long enough to communicate with them so they would realize what I am trying to do.”

Suddenly, he remembered it was Christmas Eve. A smile came across his face and the Christmas story no longer seemed ridiculous to him. He visualized a little baby lying in a manger. He realized that God became one of us so He could tell us how much He loves us and wants to save us.

He finally understood the Christmas story. Do You?

"He's Only A Prayer Away: 9 Examples Of Praying Until Your Breakthrough" Book in Stores Now!!!
http://www.amazon.com/Hes-Only-Prayer-Away-Breakthrough/dp/0982033036/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1279928966&sr=1-7

No comments: