Monday, November 22, 2010

Keep Fighting Until The Bell Rings

My church had our Christian Education Institute last week and I was one of the instructors. Each night, there was a lecture period before the classes began. There was a timekeeper in the front office that rang a bell when classes were supposed to end. It was a long, busy week; therefore, many of us were extremely tired.

On Thursday night, the lecture period went over a little. Since the classes started later, someone went to all of the classrooms and told the instructors that we were going to dismiss a little later. She said, “Just keep going until the bell rings.” Although we only went over a few minutes, it seemed more like it was a few hours. I kept thinking to myself, “When is the bell going to ring.”

When I got home that night, I thought about my brief boxing career while I was in the U.S. Marines. During one of my fights, my opponent gave me all that I could handle, and more. Since he was smaller than me, I thought I was going to have an easy victory. Nothing was farther from the truth. We went toe to toe during the entire fight. When the final round was about to begin, my corner man said that I was ahead on points. To win the fight, all I had to do was fight until the bell rings.

That was the longest round that I had ever fought. I think my opponent turned into Popeye and his corner man gave him some spinach before the last round started. I was hitting him with everything I had, but my punches no longer fazed him. His punches felt like giant boulders, coming from every direction. I was ready to quit, but I kept hearing my corner man yelling, “Keep fighting until the bell rings.” I was thinking to my self, “When is the bell going to ring?” When the fight was over, I found out that I had barely won. That was my third and final fight.

The Apostle Paul wrote most of the books that are in the New Testament, but he had some major battles and suffered quite a few disappointments during his Christian journey. But at the end, he was able to say, “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith” (2 Timothy 4:7). Paul didn’t stop fighting until the bell had rung.

We all go through difficult situations. You might be going through something right now. You might be in the toughest fight that you have experienced as a Christian. You might even be questioning your faith or wondering it the Lord is with you. Just remember, Jesus is your corner man. He is saying, “Keep fighting until the bell rings.”

"He's Only A Prayer Away: 9 Examples Of Praying Until Your Breakthrough" Book in Stores Now!!!
http://www.amazon.com/Hes-Only-Prayer-Away-Breakthrough/dp/0982033036/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1279928966&sr=1-7

No comments: