Sunday, October 31, 2010

Come Back Home

When I was a child, a little boy named Michael lived next door to us. Michael was a bad little boy. He would do things that would aggravate the older boys and then he would run. Michael used to make us so angry. It wasn’t bad enough that he would do things to us. The worst thing was, while we were chasing Michael, he would be laughing. I don’t care how hard we tried, we could not catch him. I hated that little boy.

One day, Michael did something to me and started running. But that time, I caught him. I started beating him, and beating him and beating him. When I finished beating him, he went in his house, crying. I didn’t care. I was glad that I had finally caught Michael. Suddenly, it dawned on me. I had one little brother, but Michael had four big brothers. They were not just bigger than Michael. They were bigger than me too. I didn’t feel all that good anymore. I went in my house and hid in my bedroom.

About an hour later, while we were eating dinner, the doorbell rang. I thought it was Michael’s brothers, so I jumped up and ran out the back door. My father found me hiding on the back porch and asked me what was wrong. I told him what I had done and I was afraid that Michael’s brothers were coming to get me. My father put his arms around me and said, “Son. When you are in trouble, you are supposed to run to your house, not away from your house.”


When we mess up or get into trouble, many of us run away from God and the church. We are ashamed and afraid of what people in the church will say or think of us. We feel bad because we found out that we are not as holy as we thought we were. Sometime we even doubt our salvation. You must remember that no one is perfect. The Bible says, “All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3: 23)

When we mess up, we are supposed to run to God and the church, not away from God and the church. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
(1 John 1: 9)
If you are one of the runaways, it’s time to come back home.




He's Only A Prayer Away: Examples Of Praying Until Your Breakthrough
In Stores Now!!! by Rev. Burton Barr Jr.



Available at Barnes & Noble, barnesandnoble.com and Amazon.com

Love you all,
Rev. Burton Barr Jr. (Author of "He's Only A Prayer Away", "The Hoodlum Preacher" and "Amazing Grace: The Storm Is Passing Over") & Cedric Mixon

To Sign Up for our email list, visit:
www.kobaltbooks.com

No comments: