Sunday, June 20, 2010

Roadwork Ahead



I was driving to work one morning when I realized that I had plenty of time to spare. It was a beautiful day and there was hardly any traffic on the highway. Since it was so early, I thought about all of the things that I would be able to do before starting my day. I could get a cup of coffee, read the morning paper or maybe even stop for a nice, hot breakfast.

I was rolling along, enjoying the ride and anticipating a nice, peaceful morning when all of a sudden I saw that dreaded, orange and black sign that said, “Roadwork Ahead.”

In no time at all, that wide-open highway turned into a huge parking lot. I inched along in stop and go traffic for several, painful miles. I had to cancel the plans that I had because of the work that was being done on the road that I was traveling on.

Sometimes we have to cancel or change our plans because God is working on the road that we are traveling on. Maybe that is why that relationship did not work. Maybe that is why you didn’t get that job. Maybe that is why you could not move into that dream house.

Sometimes things don’t workout because God is preparing something better for us. Sometimes they don’t work out because God is preparing us for what He has in store for us.

We all want to find success and happiness as fast as we can, but God knows the dangers and the pitfalls that lie ahead. So when things in your life are not working out as quickly as you would like, don’t get discouraged and give up. Just look for the sign that says, “Roadwork Ahead.”



AUDIO:
"Roadwork Ahead"

- Rev. Burton Barr, Jr. (Author of The Hoodlum Preacher & Amazing Grace: The Storm Is Passing Over.)

To Sign Up for our email list, visit:
www.kobaltbooks.com

No comments: